The objective of the APAN Fellowship Program is to promote “Global collaboration” through participation in APAN meetings. It is hoped that the meeting provides you with the right environment to “network” with other researchers, engineers and students. It is also the intent that the participant will promote Global Collaboration in their local community after the meeting. Fellowships are offered on a competitive basis. Students (graduates and undergraduates) are encouraged to apply, and early-career young researchers may also be accorded a fellowship. Applicants whose papers are accepted for presentations will have favoured status. You will be asked to describe the benefits to you, your organisation and to APAN of receiving a Fellowship. During the meeting, we also ask Fellows to assist with the running of the meeting, without interfering with your participation in sessions. Please note, due to a large number of drop-outs at the last minute owing to the unavailability of airfares, it is necessary to prove that the applicant has support for airfare at the time of application.
- Candidate should be a citizen of an economy in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Candidate under the age of 35 will be given priority, but people of any age can apply.
- Candidate must be from a University/Research & Development Community/Non-Profit organization.
- Candidate must have support for airfare.
To apply for a fellowship, please complete and submit the online application here: APPLICATION FORM. You should upload a scanned copy of the official support letter for airfare with the application.
Applications involving paper presentations will be given preference. Applications other than the prescribed format will not be considered. Applications that are submitted after the deadline will be rejected.
Applications will be screened and short-listed candidates will be invited to join the meeting.
- Application Submission.
- Selection Results.
- Acknowledgment from selected fellows through email within a specified date.
- In the case of non-receipt of email acknowledgment, another fellow on the waiting list will be selected.
- Waiting List announcement.
- APAN Meeting.
Fellowship Includes the Following
- Registration Fee: Access to All Sessions/Workshops/Tutorials.
- Food: Breakfast at the hotel, Lunch and Tea (During Conferences) and Dinner when there are social events.
- Local transportation: Transport Allowance (if applicable) (From International Airport to the accommodation site and vice versa).
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis during APAN Conference. Should you wish to arrange your accommodation (at your own cost) please notify the APAN SEC.
- Airfare is not provided.
- Fellows will be required to meet the cost of dinners, except when there are APAN social events.
- Fellows must present their passports for the purpose of identification upon arrival. You are advised to bring your passport during the conference.
- Attendance during the conference is compulsory.
- Fellowship is not transferable.
- Selected fellows will be blacklisted if:
No-show without good reason and insufficient notice.
- Leave the meeting early without good reason and insufficient notice.
All fellows are expected to provide a summary report after the meeting.
05 May 2023
Call for applications
22 May 2023
26 May 2023
Review of applications by country members
12 June 2023
Announcement of the selected fellows
21 June 2023
Confirmation from the selected fellows
* For any queries related to Fellowship, please contact APAN Secretariat (email@example.com).